Virginia Evergreen Libraries Consortium This project provides an affordable open source integrated library system (ILS) to interested libraries that can be integrated into websites and mobile technology. This project is supported by its members, the Library of Virginia, and Equinox, LLC., through funding by the IMLS. If a public library is interested in joining the Virginia Evergreen Libraries (VEL) Consortium, please contact program manager, Nan Carmack.
Tech Support: to access Evergreen support through Equinox, please contact one of our technical contacts who have the authority to open a ticket on your behalf.
- Nan Carmack, LVA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804/692-3792
- Lisa Davis, Cumberland Co. Public Library, email@example.com, 804/492-5807
- Trish Fore, Galax-Carrol Regional Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 276/236-2351
If you would like to be one of our technical support contacts, please let Nan know. We have two vacant slots for this important community role.
FY21 Important Updates:
- May 5, 2021: Upgrade to 3.6
- May 25-27: International Evergreen Conference–LVA will sponsor one attendee per library. Contact Nan for more information.
- Office Hours: June, September and December dates/times tbd. Ask the developers anything you want!
Evergreen Inventory Work Flow Template
Evergreen Release Notes and Schedule
- Evergreen 3.3
- Evergreen 3.4
- Upgrade to 3.6 anticipated in April 2021
- Documentation can also be found here.
Please contact Nan Carmack (804/692-3792 or email@example.com for log in credentials)
The following trainings are available at https://vimeo.com/equinoxedu/albums
- Preview Evergreen 3.6 here!
- Local Administration–This webinar is perfect for the new Evergreen user.
- Self-Check Set Up Tutorial
- FAQ’s answered post session:
- Is it possible to change the text “Please enter an item barcode” in the self-checkout interface to say something else, such as “Please scan in the item barcode”? This change is possible and it could be made for the entire consortium. If this change is needed, all libraries that decide to use the self-checkout interface would need to agree on the wording that is used.
- Is it possible to remove references to printing receipts in the self-checkout interface? This change can be made and it could be done on an individual library basis, as needed, or consortium-wide if there is consensus that no libraries will provide receipt printing from self-checkout kiosks.
- Credit Card Set Up documentation
- Online Card Registration Tutorial…permanent access
- Cumberland County Public Library – Added November 19, 2012
- MountainCat (Wythe-Grayson Public Library, Galax-Carroll Public Library) – Added January 2013
- Heritage Public Library – Added January 28, 2013
- Middlesex Public Library – Added July 15, 2013
- Essex County Public Library – Added August 26, 2013
- Amherst Public Library – Added June 2, 2016
- Halifax South Boston Public Library – Added August 11, 2016
- Iris Brammer Public Library -Added October 2021
- Consortial cataloging can be a hard reality for those who are used to customizing bib records to best meet the searching needs of our patrons.
- Details that were previously added to fields such as title or edition can be inserted as a 5xx note.
- Training is mandatory for all new EG catalogers (even experienced catalogers migrating into the consortium) and will stress the importance of standardized records. Please contact Nan Carmack to schedule training.