United for Libraries – Statewide Membership
The Library of Virginia has partnered with United for Libraries, a division of the American Library Association dedicated solely to the advancement of Library Trustees, Advocates, Friends Groups, and Foundations. This partnership brings access to a wide variety of resources in the form of training, tip sheets, webinars, e-books, etc.
Statewide Training (PDF)
- LearningLIVE – Live access to sessions held the second Tuesday of each month at 2 pm EST, covering a hot topic of interest to Trustees, Friends, and Foundations.
- On-Demand Webinars – 40+ webinars conducted on a variety of topics such as recruitment, advocacy, marketing, etc.
- Short Takes for Trustees – 10 short videos that can be shown during Trustee meetings to stimulate discussion about the role Trustees play in the governance of libraries.
- Trustee Academy – Online courses to help Trustees become exceptionally proficient in their roles on behalf of their libraries. Each course is taught by a professional in the field.
- Tip Sheets – 20+ Tip Sheets for Trustees and 30+ Tip Sheets for Friends Groups and/or Library Foundations with more coming soon!
Additional Resources (Checklist)
- Library Board Practical Guides
- Bookmark & Poster Files
If you have any difficulty accessing the materials, please contact United for Libraries directly at:
- E-mail – email@example.com
- Phone – 312.280.2161