What is it?
Over 500 self-paced asynchronous classes, many offering CEUs, and over 100 video-audit classes
How do patrons access it?
Each library has a unique ID. If you are having trouble with your URL, please open a support ticket through your Overdrive Marketplace account. If your library ONLY uses the Library of Virginia account, you should be able to still open a ticket. Not sure who has access to your marketplace account? It’s probably the person in charge of collections. If you still can’t identify the right person, contact Nan Carmack at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804/692-3792
This recorded training video will ask you to register to view it but provides an excellent overview of product use.
Universal Class – User Guide – LINK
Universal Class- Content List – LINK
Log in to YOUR user administration dashboard for promotional materials, found in the right hand navigation menu (where you will also find your usage data).
Be sure to get stats from both the native Universal Class admin tool and from Overdrive
- Login to Universal Class Admin (if you need help with your account access, email email@example.com)
- Click your library name under Site Management
- Click Site Reporting
- Set your date range
- Add totals for Courses Started, Lessons Viewed, Videos Watched, Student Submissions
- Login into Overdrive Marketplace (https://marketplace.overdrive.com/) using your LVA login and password (contact Barry Trott, firstname.lastname@example.org or Nan Carmack, email@example.com if you do not have login credentials)
- Go to Insights
- Click Checkouts
- Run new report with these parameters:
- Checkouts by month
- Format=Ext: Subscription
- Get total Universal Class use
- Add total from Universal class native (1.4) and Overdrive (2.7)