Transparent Language Online
What is it?
Learn a new language or polish your skills. Transparent Language Online offers:
- A wide variety of Languages available – Transparent Language offers a growing collection of 120 languages for English speakers.
- ESL/ELL materials for speakers of 34 different languages, including recently released English for Dari, English for Pashto and English for Ukrainian.
- Immersion-style English content for intermediate and advanced English learners.
- Advanced Learning Activities including reading, writing, listening and speaking exercises, typing support, alphabet learning and grammar instruction.
- An American Citizenship Test prep course designed with the goal of preparing test takers to comfortably answer all 100 civics questions.
- A robust collection of 24 indigenous languages (Cherokee coming soon)!
- American Sign Language courseware organized into a collection of 8 units of study, the course includes over 960 videos focused on fingerspelling, numbers, signs, and ASL sentences. Curated from a curriculum designed and used at multiple universities for over 30 years.
- KidSpeak – immersive, animation based language instruction in 6 different languages for kids K-2.
Workforce development lessons for medical and business terminology.
How Do Patrons Access It?
- There are unique URLs for each individual library. Please contact Barry Trott (email@example.com) if you need your library’s link.
- Users will go to the url sent out to individual libraries, and from there will create an account, using their library card and then creating a username and p/w that they will use going forward.
- This will let them track progress.
- They can also sign in as a guest with only a library card.
- In either case, they will need a library card for the initial login.
- Go to your library’s Transparent Language page
- Login with the admin user and p/w combination that was sent to your library
- Choose Admin Portal from the dropdown menu in the upper right of the page
- Choose the reports tab
- To create a report, click the Generate New link and choose the reports type (Summary Report will give you all the data you need for Bibliostat-level reporting)
- Set the date range for your report
- Leave the reporting group selections as they are set
- Report the Circulations figure