- FY21 State Aid Forms
- Allocation Changes Info (As of 12.3.20):
- New State Aid Award letters sent reflecting the adjusted Aid allocation
- On the form, make the adjustments in the second column and hold onto it for the time being.
- With COVID-19 restrictions ever shifting, there could be additional shifting funds as well over the next few months.
- Deadline for sending changes is Friday, April 16, 2021
- Form Questions? Contact Paranita Carpenter (email@example.com)
FY2021 – Four (4) quarterly state aid payments will be disbursed from the Department of Accounts according to the following schedule:
|Month of Payment||EDI Deposit Date to Locality||Deadline for Checks to Arrive at Locality|
|July 2020||July 10, 2020||July 17, 2020|
|October 2020||October 9, 2020||October 16, 2020|
|January 2021||January 9, 2021||January 16, 2021|
|April 2021||April 9, 2021||April 16, 2021|
* EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) deposits to designated banks
* Paper checks (non-EDI) should be received by the locality
Code of Virginia § 42.1 – 48 contains the formula.
- Local effort: 40% of every [local] dollar expended by the political subdivision(s) in the system. The grant to any county or city shall not exceed $250,000.
- Per capita: Based on population of area served and number of participating municipalities
- 30 cents for the first 600,000 persons served (county or city library) plus 10 cents per capita for each additional jurisdiction (regional)
- Libraries serving in excess of 600,000 receive 10 cents per capita for remaining population
- Square mileage: $10 per square mile for single jurisdiction (county or city) libraries plus an additional $20 per square mile for libraries serving more than one political jurisdiction (regional).
Code of Virginia 42.1 – 50 requires the Library of Virginia to prorate the state aid grants any time the General Assembly fails to provide sufficient funds.