Helping Patrons Navigate Government Services: Social Security 101
Public libraries have always provided citizens with information about government services and assistance in navigating e-government platforms. We are pleased to present an opportunity to educate you, public library staff, about Social Security, their services and navigation.
Jacqueline Weisgarber, Social Security Public Affairs Specialist, will be our presenter and plans to cover the following topics:
• When is someone eligible to receive retirement benefits?
• How does early retirement affect benefits?
• Does someone qualify for disability, survivors, and spouse benefits?
• How does someone get the most from your benefit?
• What is the future of Social Security?
• When should someone file for Medicare?
To walk through the process interactively, go to www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount to create a mySocialSecurity account and print out your Social Security Statement before attending the workshop
No registration is required but attendance is limited to 250 people based on software platform limitations.
Further, learn how to use mySocialSecurity online account and other online services. Click here for instructions on installing a shortcut on public computers for direct login to the mySocialSecurity app.
Log- in Information:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States: +1 (571) 317-3112
– One-touch: tel:+15713173112,,354223037#
Access Code: 354-223-037
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.