Geeky Programs at the Library (PCI Webinars)
According to geekthelibrary.org., “to geek” is:
- To love, to enjoy, to celebrate, to have an intense passion for.
- To express interest in.
- To possess a large amount of knowledge.
Geek and fandom culture is a growing part of our media landscape—and an amazing opportunity to engage your library patrons of all ages. This fast-paced webinar will share tips, tricks, resources, and ideas to make your library “geekier” and fun.
Participants will learn about:
- Ideas for inexpensive geeky programs
- Fandom and geek trends
- Creating geek STEAM programs
- Large-scale geek programs
- Ideas for passive geek programs
- Anime clubs
- Ideas for geek programs for millennials and up
- How geek programs can engage your patrons
- Promoting your collection through geek programs
- Resources for finding geek program ideas